Established in 2008, The University of Virginia Alliance for Computational Science and Engineering seeks to transform computational research across Grounds. As the need for computational techniques in all disciplines increases, UVACSE serves researchers through education, consultation, and the management of shared compute resources.
UVACSE is funded by the Office of the VP/CIO and UVa’s Board of Visitors through the Commission on the Future of the University.
- Change the culture of computation at UVa via education, outreach, and curriculum development and support
- Assist UVa researchers by offering free consultations for issues related to computationally-intensive research (Tiger Teams)
- Serve as a statewide resource for high performance computing
- Foster a multi-disciplinary ethos
- Assist ITS and UVa at large in planning, managing, and acquiring computational resources
- Rationalize high-end computing